Total Pageviews

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Gypsy Teacher enjoys Concord grapes

NYCATR's Gypsy Teacher reports from her latest weekly assignment:


This week I was placed at Concord. This school is a small alternative high school on Staten Island. The school is very small and only has 12 teachers. So what does the DOE do? Send 2 ATRs! 

Anyway, this is the first time the principal ever sat down with me and asked me my qualifications and how I may fit into the school if there ever is a vacancy. I don't know if he was pulling my leg but at least an effort was made. 

Since the school was so small we spent the time talking and reading in the teacher's lounge. It was very boring. I did cover a few classes in which the students were well behaved and most did the work assigned.The school is clean and there is a deli a couple of blocks away. Parking is excellent. The staff were very nice. So far, I seem to be very lucky that in every school I have been in the staff were very nice and even the administration were very pleasant. I would love to work at this school. Oh, and a bonus is that Friday is a half day for the students and the teachers get out an hour earlier after a staff meeting.

Photo credit: http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/concord1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment