Total Pageviews

Saturday, August 13, 2011

The DOE's OMTS (Open Market Transfer Scam), by Chaz

Really, I shouldn't complain about the Open Market Transfer System, the DOE's online system for helping excessed teachers find vacancies.  I found my job through this system.

So why do I complain?  Because it took over three years for me to find a position; because I had to apply to literally hundreds of positions to find just one; because I know darn well that many of the positions posted on the OMTS were there only for show--the principal really intended to give the the position to some young kid at bargain-basement salary.

I could go on and on, but someone's already done a better job at it than I could.  His name is Chaz, and his angry but accurate appraisal of the Open Market Scam is on his blog, Chaz's School Daze.  Check it out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment